Sunday, May 16, 2010

" Excessive Noise Levels, decibel,emitted from any source will cause hearing damage in humans & animals". 'A HEARING DAMAGE CANNOT BE REPAIRED' !

The following article is an excerpt from www.WhiteRockSun.com Written by Editor Mr. David Chesney. I agree fully with the writer's opinions and question the fact no enforcements are being initiated, made, or implemented. When will we citizens and constituency of White Rock and South Surrey see and hear response and action from White Rock Madame Mayor Ferguson and the Council on those questions raised and issues which are essential components to make White Rock whole as a community? MAY I JUST ADD THAT I HAVE PERSONALLY EXPERIENCED THE TORMENT AND GRIM FACIAL EXPRESSIONS AND SCREAMING FROM 12 AND 17 YEAR MONTHS OLD BABIES AND SENIORS RUNNING TERRIFIED WITH THEIR LAPDOGS YELPING AND ADULTS HOLDING THEIR HANDS AGAINST THEIR EARS. Need more be said? Catherine Ferguson and her Council in White Rock just have to address the seemingly 'small' things that make White Rock Marine Drive livable for both visitors and residents on the 'Hump', as an example of 'listing the innocent'. Traffic lights on Marine Dr. cause more stops and starts and rush take-offs by motorcycles. IF YOU DO NOT BELIEVE ME OR HAVE TIME TO VISIT THE AREA PERSONALLY THEN GO TO www.youtube.com/whiterockreporter
and listen to my recent video. Candid-silent Video..just the noise from the surroundings. Best regards Johan Sandstrom, BComm. Internet Publisher and Videographer/Producer. 16 May 2010.

Below is the article by Chesney of www.whiterocksun.com I made reference to



May 13, 2010
There is a line of thought that loud exhaust pipes on motorcycles – save lives. I suppose in theory that line of thinking holds some weight. A motorcycle that sounds like the very fissures of hell just opened, is hard to ignore. Therein lies the rub and the downside of loud pipes on motorcycles that roam and roar the hillsides of White Rock unfettered.

One has to wonder why White Rock's anto noise by-law is not enforced by the local chapter of the RCMP. Our East Beach is actually posted as being a QUIET ZONE with the signs along Marine Drive stating any violation could result in a massive fine. The local detachment of the RCMP was unable to supply to me last year and the year before how many tickets had actually been issued for this blatant violation of our city bylaw. In today’s computer age I have a difficult time understanding why this information is not a click of a computer mouse away.

I recently appeared before White Rock council and posed the question of why nothing is being done about this annual pollution in our quaint seaside town. Make no mistake IT IS POLLUTION. Noise pollution may not have long term effects like other forms of pollution to the environment, but it is still pollution.

Before anyone wants to get a rope I must confess once again I love the low throated rumble of a big motorcycle. I am not being anally retentive about this matter. I am singling out the small sector of the biking community that flagrantly violate noise by laws that are prevalent in every community in British Columbia.

The geography of White Rock’s hilly terrain affords some bikers to crack throttles their wide open in order to climb the hilly streets that criss cross the grid of roads locally.

This past Mother’s Day weekend brought droves of visitors to White Rock for the annual Mother’s Day brunches and a stroll along our waterfront promenade and pier. When I didn’t live in White Rock I too was one of those weekend interlopers that arrived to sample the fare of our beautiful city. I understand the attraction. What I don’t understand is why a simple concerted effort by the local RCMP cannot be executed to send a clear message, this type of activity that infringes on residents and locals alike, is being tolerated.

The two weeks ago when I spoke to city council when I turned to return to my seat I noticed a bevy of head nodding of approval from the others in the public gallery.

I was assured by Mayor Ferguson our city manager Peggy Clark would contact the local RCMP office to see if there was anything standing in their way from enforcing the existing by-law.

I will wait patiently and hopefully when the answer comes I will be able to hear it!

No comments: