Tuesday, October 8, 2013
Earth Quake Preparedness Now-Not Later
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE - October 7, 2013
Surrey Board of Trade Hosts Business and Emergency Planning Dialogue October 25
The Surrey Board of Trade is hosting its Business and Emergency Planning Dialogue, taking place on Friday, October 25, 2013.
This session will help businesses anticipate issues, share plans with employees, and communicate with customers. The event will feature a panel of speakers, breakout dialogues and a question and answer period where the audience will discuss:
1. How prepared is your business for the inevitable earthquake that will affect Surrey and the region?
2. Cities have primary responsibility for emergency response but what happens to your business when a catastrophic event takes place?
3. What needs to be done to ensure a resilient and comprehensive approach to emergency management for business? Creating a plan can save your business. It cuts the number of decisions you have to make during the disaster, reduces your legal liability and can safeguard your business brand and reputation.
The Surrey Board of Trade asks for your participation to hear the following speakers and participate in a dialogue that will lead to further action on Emergency Planning for Business.
Moderated by Paul Harris, Business in Vancouver Newspaper.
1. The Inevitable Earthquake:
Dr. Lionel Jackson, Simon Fraser University
2. The Role of Cities:
Dan Barnscher, Surrey Deputy Fire Chief & Surrey Emergency Planning Coordinator
3. Business Insurance:
Roberta Walker, Envision Insurance Services
4. The Christchurch, New Zealand Earthquake - Business Continuity:
Gurjit Sangha, VP Corporate, Opus DaytonKnight
5. Business Communication:
Jeremy Whittingstall, Envision Financial
Date: Friday, October 25, 2013
Time: Registration and breakfast: 7:30am; Program: 8:00-10:30am
Location: Eaglequest Golf Course (7778 152 Street, Surrey)
To register contact the Surrey Board of Trade at 604-581-7130.
Complimentary text distribution contacts: : www.whiterockreporter.com/category/interviews
Posted by WhiteRockReporter - Johan Sandstrom at 12:36 PM